Wednesday, January 25, 2012

In Memory



At the middle school where I work a tree recently was taken down. High winds had brought some limbs down, and when the tree people came out, found rot in it, and had to take the whole thing out. This tree was planted in memory of a young girl who was struck and killed by a drunk driver. I learned about her one time when a brother and sister of hers was there to put flowers in and around the tree on her birthday. When I saw the tree was gone, my heart broke for the family. And I know they were devastated. Yesterday the family was there, and a new tree was planted and the plaque re-seated. I was happy to watch the planting. I hope it brought them more peace.

Monday was rainy and very chilly for So Cal, with a raw breeze. Today was about 30 degrees warmer, a slight breeze blowing in the afternoon. It was a beautiful, gorgeous day, perfect weather! Unfortunately,  today I saw very little of the snow that Monday's storm left in our local mountains. On the other hand, Saddleback was lovely this afternoon. It was a good day to be working outside, which is what I am lucky to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment